MEKONG DELTA ON TWO - WHEEL ADVENTURE
Take a short motorbike excursion out of Saigon and into the rich Vietnamese landscape covered by lush, green rice paddies, quiet rivers and an area with rich local flavour. Visit the historical site of Lăng Hoàng Gia palace in Go Cong lying on the coastline of Tien Giang province, and take in the beauty of the vast cherry plantations.
Enjoy a beachfront lunch as you gaze over hundreds of clam collectors hard at work off shore. In Ben Tre, ‘The Coconut Kingdom’, have a lovely stay in a home stay deep in the jungle, experience the local industries of hand crafted brooms, coconut factories, mat-weaving workshops and brick factories. Cap off the day with lunch in a traditional Mekong Delta house.
- Take this tour by scooter drive to experience Mekong Delta on two wheel adventure
- Experience green rice paddies, quiet rivers and past scenes of local daily life on the way
- Visit Lang Hoang Gia royal palace
- Lunch in front of muddy beach
- Experience overnight at homestay
- Visit local market in the early morning
- Visit craft hand-made brooms workshop
- Visit coconut farm and production
- Visit local mat weaving workshop
- Visit brick factory
DAY 1: SAI GON TO MO CAY IN BEN TRE (170KM)
In the morning your guide will meet you at your hotel, where you’ll pick up your bike and have a quick briefing on the tour. After the briefing, we’ll leave the city heading south to Can Gioc and Go Cong. Along the way, we’ll drive through green rice paddies, over quiet rivers and past scenes of local daily life.
In Go Cong, we’ll stop for a visit at the Lăng Hoàng Gia royal palace and a nearby cherry plantation. Lunch is served in a local restaurant set on stilts above a muddy beach. As you eat, you can watch the hundreds of clam collectors at work along the shoreline.
After lunch we’ll drive along the river in the direction of Ben Tre, an area known as the ‘kingdom of coconuts’. A narrow jungle path takes us to a homestay on the river, where you can relax amid nature or try your hand at fishing before enjoying a delicious Vietnamese dinner.
DAY 2: BEN TRE BACK TO SAI GON ( 150KM )
The day begins with breakfast at the homestay, after which we’ll take a stroll through the town’s morning market, and stop inside a workshop where women craft hand-made brooms for use all around southern Vietnam.
From Mo Cay we’ll drive 25 kilometers to the Ben Tre Wharf and take a boat to the main coconut farming and production area. Situated on a branch of the Mekong River, the people of Ben Tre make their living by manufacturing coconut products. At one of the coconut processing plants, you’ll witness each stage of the coconut’s journey – from husking to shaving and washing – to the creation of a wide range of products such as oil, candies and even kitchen utensils.
We’ll take a short walk to a local mat-weaving workshop before stopping for lunch in a traditional Mekong Delta house.
After lunch, we’ll continue our tour of Ben Tre at a brick factory, and have a look around the enormous kilns where the bricks are fired. We return to the bikes on a scenic boat ride, and begin the drive back to Ho Chi Minh City . The tour ends at your place.
Safety is our top priority, so we prefer if guests ride behind our experienced drivers on this tour. If you’d like to drive your own Motorbike, we’ll give you a short driving test at the beginning of the tour to make sure you feel confident on the streets of Vietnam.
|Private||1 - 3 pax||269 USD|
|Luxury||4 - 6 pax||251 USD|
|Deluxe||7 - 10 pax||233 USD|
- Children under 5 years old are FOC. Sharing room with parents.
- Children from 5 - 11 years old are charged at 75% based on adult rates. Sharing room with parents.
- Children above 12 years old are charged at 100% based on adult rates.
Tour price includes:
- An experienced English-speaking tour guide/ tour leader
- Motorbike (Driving guide for pillion passengers)
- 01 night in local hotel
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches
- Boat rides
- Meals: beef noodle soup or delicious lunch
- Drinks: fruit juice, cold water, local beer, soft drink
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Mineral water
- Wet tissue
Tour Price Excludes: